When you hear the term “periodontist,” does it muddy your understanding of dental specialists? If you answered “yes,” you are not alone. Most people are uncertain about what a periodontist does or represents.
A periodontist offers:
- Advanced schooling and training (typically two to three years beyond a four-year dental program), specializing their focus on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases impacting the gums, bone, and periodontal structures.
- Minimally invasive procedures, including dental implant placement, periodontal plastic surgery, and bone and gum grafting.
- Expert services for a specific health concern, like visiting a cardiologist for heart disease.
- Implant dentistry is now a cornerstone of periodontal services and has risen to the gold standard in tooth replacement. Seeing a periodontist for dental implant solutions takes advantage of their refined skills, specialized knowledge, and experience.
- Experience in treating the foundation!
- Unique skills with overall treatment planning, providing a long-term prognosis. and treatment goals. A periodontist quite simply “sees the bigger picture.”
Also, keep in mind that periodontists are:
- Experts in saving teeth.
- The “internists” of dentistry.
- Architects of a healthy foundation.
Passionate about improving patients’ periodontal health and general wellness, Dr. Edelstein has performed tens of thousands of periodontal-related procedures and has successfully placed over 5,000 dental implants! Dr. Edelstein is also a sought-after lecturer and has shared his knowledge and expertise with the dental community for 30-plus years!